Asset Localization in Augmented Reality
As MVP we want an application to be realized, that pulls location data from an internal API service and displays those as augmented reality solution above a real-time camera view of a mobile device including an integrated map from above (bird view). The application has to be deployed as on premises and needs to be a web application or mobile app.
- Material movements are daily events of a flourishing production site and inevitable.
- Modern production equipment is increasingly transportable.
- Besides the actual manufacturing equipment there is a bunch of moveable resources and tools, which is necessary for the manufacturing process.
- The increase in movement creates the need for a simple method of locating the components, tools and further resources.
- With increasing movement, employees find it increasingly challenging to keep track and find components and resources.
Siemens Energy is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Essential applications include providing products, solutions and services that make fossil energy greener; delivering decentralized, flexible power solutions; managing the complexities of the grid; improving and de-risking aging assets; and connecting supply and demand through storage technologies such as grid-scale batteries and Power-to-X technologies.